05 October 2010

My Amazing Week

During the second week on my holidays I promised my friends a blog post about my first week of holidays and how it completely blew my mind. But it seems once again I’ve promised more than I can deliver.

I’m going to the country, I thought. I don’t even get mobile phone coverage there, I reasoned. For god sake, my dear friend likes to read! Surely, SURELY I will have time to blog about the events of the most amazing week in at least 10 years?

Apparently not.

So as I sit here, first day back at work, I’m feeling guilty; sooooo bloody guilty that yet again I’ve promised to share something precious with you and I’ve let you down.

So here’s what I propose: I will write a list here of the events that rocked me to my core – in a good way (I hope you weren’t expecting death and destruction. If so, I’m about to disappoint you YET AGAIN… best opt out now) – and I will endeavour to write a little on each over the come weeks.

OK…

1.Caught up with a friend from school… massive, hugely confronting, and yet bought about an incredible sense of peace.
2.I decided to see a chiropractor about my rickety little hands. I’ve been putting it off for 20 years because it’s part of a bigger picture I avoid thinking about at all costs. Plus I knew it would hurt – and it did – but it was a good hurt, a moving-forward hurt. More about that later.
3.Finally, an event I’ve been praying would come to Sydney did, and it was like water after a week in the desert… utterly quenching. It went for just over two hours and when I walked back out into the daylight I thought I might burst. It was called Women of Letters and I will tell you more about it… cross my heart.

Did I mention today’s my first day back at work? Well, that was my lunch break so I’d better scoot so I can try and stay ahead and maybe, just maybe get a chance to tell you about my most amazing week.

xx

PS forgive my typos… I’m whipping this out so fast and that dreadful woman who took me for Business Writing in 1991 is in my head going ‘You’re not going to let it go out with proofreading, are you Tracey?” Well yes I am, Helen… and you can shove your ‘rules’ up your Fletcher Jones Twin Set.

Mood: Alive
Food: Warm roast chicken sandwich
Music: Philadelphia Grand Jury ‘Hope is for Hopers’

No comments:

Post a Comment